A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. The information collected by cookies does not personally identify you; it includes general information including about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet, e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Service and your location.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Service. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Service, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Service. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
erwUser_main & erwKey_main
This cookie is essential for our site to:
This cookie is essential for our site to keep you logged in to secure areas of our site if you have logged in using a Facebook account.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
These links will show how you can control cookies via your browser – but remember if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just ours.
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (this page links to further information for different versions of IE). The mobile version is at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx) (this page also gives the option to link to the Windows 8 details).
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path+Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (orhttp://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 (for mobile version).
- Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer+169022
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 28 days.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visithttp://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Further information about cookies
For more information about how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org